Monday, June 24, 2013

Believe me boys and girls, theres no self pity here.  Just trying to keep my wits about me.  So I write.  Just became one of those guys, homeless.  Not wandering around the neighborhood yet.  But definitely afraid of falling through the cracks, all I see is air, nothing else beneath my feet.  It wasn't a total shock when she pulled the plug, but close. For better or worse, in sickness and in health.  I'm a sucker for words.  But  I meant it this time.  I know I did.  I stayed awake thinking about the kids.  My girl's going to be a senior.  My boy the fifth grade.  I can't see tomorrow, like the rest of us, so I'm scared for them without me.  God in the short term, God in the long term.  Until I get there I'll write my ass off.  I'll get there, get there soon. #afican american #writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment